Monday 11 November 2013

Laura Dockrill Response : Magazine Content

Laura Dockrill Response : Magazine Content 


The response was detailed and interesting and the content can now be displayed in my magazine on a creative format with images of her work displayed and poems sampled:


1. I feed my brain as much as possible. I believe that brain food comes from trying to show an interest in everything and everybody. I remember once reading a piece roald dahl said about his mum, he said that she was 'interested in everything' and that's how I want to be. From nature to books to fashion to music to people to food. Don't be contained or boxed in. Let your mind untangle and tangle itself. When in need of creative surge I like to draw or paint, run around the park, swim, bake or go and see a good play or film. You can't create if you don't live.

2. Whoops sort of answered them Both. I am interested in everybody and everything. I try to say yes to everything too which can often get me in trouble. I think every day should be different for a healthy mind, although it's utterly chaotic and exhausting, for me, variation is key. 

3. I like do-ers. Far too many people approach me like 'I've written this thing' or 'I've for an idea for a film' and they never do it. In general ideas are so flitting and dangerous. They forget themselves. Everything needs to be urgent, I have a fear of sitting on ideas too long then they become stale and dull, there is something in the fresh spark of an idea that is the ignition. That's the one that needs to be chased and made use of.

4.lots of listening to myself. If I'm tired- sleep. Angry- run. Hungry- eat. I have to be in tune with myself, in fact I was just saying the other day, it's rare a second goes by in the day that I'm not feeling 'something' I am always charged. I feel weird if I am not 'something' and find I have to channel that into something new. I zone out of the world when I am hungry for an idea or get really distant and irritable. It's actually quite an ugly trait of mine, so I have to keep my process constantly thriving and churning otherwise I get grumpy and selfish. Breaks are really important for everybody. People think when your job is being yourself that you're always on a break but it's the opposite. You're never on a break!

5. I don't think I have a creative zone. It's not organised. It just summons me and I have to be prepared. I work at my best when I am happy. When I'm not arguing with my friends or family, don't have negative stuff on my plate. That's when I'm confident


Thank YOU.

Laura x



No comments:

Post a Comment