Wednesday 29 January 2014

Record Sleeve Cover Art Research

I wanted to have a look at some classic and modern record sleeve art. I thought this would be a great way to see how each genre is reflected and how pattern and shape work. 


I wanted to look at the link between image manipulation, colour and pattern  to ee who it could inform my design. 


I like how simple this is with the negative background. It also makes the image pop as it is a 3d design.


The use of illustration within these design brings life and emotion to the design, The colours used reflect the content - I think this ould be effective as I am selecting specific lines of the lyrics 


Psychedelic Record sleeve seem to work with image manipulation which I am very interested in. 



Working with specific affects really allows the image to transform into somethings else and adds sense of individuality. 




No comments:

Post a Comment