Saturday 11 January 2014

Starting on the FILM2013/14 - Website / brand

FILM2013/14 is a website that allows users to view the latest trailers and film information all in one place. The idea is to create a website that works to just focus on the trailers and films to get the audience  excited about film and new releases. I would like the design to be very clear with easy navigation. 

I started to work on the logo design. I'd like there to be a continuos colour scheme within the website. This is so it can bring all the information together.

The initial idea:

The initial idea is to create this website but change all the movie posters into a FILM2013/14 style. This would include adding the colours in. Each month the movie posters would change colour so that you could clearly see the newest trailers. I thought this could look effective and universal and allow for easy navigation throughout the website. 



I wanted to create the FILM2013/14 logo to be strong and bold. This is so that it can be used as a header on the website homepage. I have mocked up a basic wire frame that could show what pages would need to go on the website. I feel that the blue colour works well as it is bold, and works with a lot of images and type. 

I wanted the logo to portray a sense of fun and to not make it too pretentious and professional. 

I feel that having the blue background incorporated into the logo ties in with the colour them. However could this look too much?

I decided to use the square shape as it relates to the cinema big screen. I wanted everything to be big and representative of the cinema. The type is loud, it's bold and set. I feel that this will help to portray a theme throughout this brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment