Friday 7 February 2014

LTA : Design Experiments

Starting to design:

(I do NOT own any rights/copyright to the images used in my designs)

I have decided to create a website that allows women to explore and look at all the main points listed in the brief. I believe that this could work as the brief is aimed at professionals and the average working women will use the internet on a daily basis. 


Experimenting with various type and word play + Image:

I think that these designs are way to simple, but as a starting base, they get across a powerful and inspiring presence which is effective.

The colour scheme : The colour scheme is very important to the brief, and as most of the images i have collected on court, i believe that I should use blue and yellow in my design. 



To get me started I experimented with various images and word layout to see how I could use the different aspects. 



Website Mock up:

Pushing the designs further I wanted to develop the website layout before I pushed the promotional work just so I could get the concept down and see if it worked well / user friendly:



Adding in Images:

I used some simple layout structures and began to build the design in a grid form. 




I started to find the layout quite complicated and the hiercahy of the images were wrong. I feel that the design looks quite professional but needs more work, 


Display and Layout:

I wanted to create landscape full screen webpage. I wanted to oak up the click-able links of videos and interviews.




WEBSITE MOCK UP:


Developing an Overlay:

I thought that the images worked quite nicely with a blue overlay - so i tried it on the below designs;





I think the aspect of doing something digital could work with the concept but I feel that I could push this further then a website and make it more personal to the user.

I feel that an application could benefit this and would work better. I could take these experinnts of layout and apply them to an application layout to see how it could work on a smaller scale and monitor.



No comments:

Post a Comment