Saturday 29 March 2014

Personal Branding - Research

Identity Research

I have strated to collect some images that i feel would describe me as a designer. 

The things I like:

- Colour
- Simple / Minimal 
- Shape



I really like the finish on these business cards. The idea of 3 layers works well to make the card look professional and the colour scheme ties in perfectly with the finish. The business card looks fun yet fresh and cleverly designed.


Adding colour to my branding is curtail. I tend to work with colour quite a lot so it would be a good way to incorpate my design. 


Using bold text and type. Keeping it simple with a bold typeface and colour scheme. The business card looks very corporate, legible and professional. 


Playing with colour schemes. The colours i select need to be perfect for my design. I tend to struggle making decisions for my own branding, so going through a number f colours will allow me to select the best designs. 



The identity range needs to be pushed. Once I have my logo and cooer scheme I can push the designs into effective print and web collateral. 




Looking at logo development

This brand has worked with physical forms and digitally enhanced the designs. 



Adding colour




It's really useful to see the development and stages of creating a brand. I think i really need to push this and too keep in my my personality and design style. 

The tesco branding is effective in communicating a light hearted tone of voice. its humour and colour brighten up the shop layout and appeals to a broad audience. 


I have collected some images of brands and identities. I think it's really usuful to collect a variant of images and colours to bring into my designs. I have focused on brands seeing as I am branding myself. The range varies but identity is a critical part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment