Friday 9 May 2014

Talenthouse Initial concepts and Ideas

The public poster for the movie:


The brief asked to use original colour scheme and too keep the logo the same. The could work with my design: These are the official posters for the movie:




The logo is very bold and works well to reflect the bold impact the film creates. 
Th eoclour scheme is quite bright but it also reflects th punchy reflective tone of the film. 



I really wanted to create a strong concept with this brief. After researching way the film was about i watched the trailer. The trail portrayed the films main character in a deceiving way.

the main character has two sides almost. He is a police officer who is extumly corrupt. I think this would be a great starting point to base my concept around. I think this would be stmui for colours, patterns, visuals and copy to help portray this.  


As a starting point to get me into working ith posters again I decided to create a collage of movie characters. I thought this would due a good way to explore image layout and also allowed me to work with manipulation.



This design works well to pull together aspects of film and has allowed me to get back into design potters. I think the design I need to create needs to highltiht subtle messages to work ith the concept. Even taken shapes of from the poise uniform and using it wil bold type could really push the design. 



I wanted to stick with the original colour scheme of the bright yellow design. I figured i could incorporate this with the bold type and the colours of the police to represent the main charter.  



The colour scheme reflects the more 'normal' day to day perception of the main character whereas the bright background indulges the characters more wild side. i thought this would be an effective way to reprint my concept and the film. 




No comments:

Post a Comment