Thursday 16 January 2014

Development

Working with backgrounds:

The bold background seems to clutter up the space between the logo design and the background. The darker colour of the background is also very cluttered compared to the previous.
I think this distracts from the main page layout.



I have started to work out some of the pages. I wanted to create a smile navigation system. 


By viewing the page monthly I can start to oriagnise the content. The left hand side column organises the months and the up and down arrows show the films but only allowing three trailers to be shown. 

The trailer offers a drop down menu. This allows the user to identify with certain aspects and make the traiers and content personal to them. The trailer also as a + sign which means that the use can add the film to their watch list. Which means thats the use can control and select vital and important information.



The same layout was applied to the top picks. This page references the most watched and 'watclisted' trailers on the website. 


I went back to the original layout for the review pages. I Thought that this would bring would make the website more complete and cohesive. The design works on a sidewards click motion. The main trailer poster comes through with the side ones faded, they will become clear when they are prominent. 




I feel that the different forms of layout work well within the film website. I still want to expeiermnt more with layout within these pages. The designs and navigation need to work as indical pages, each pages needs to be specific to the users needs and wants. I feel that these design could be improved to allow for a more detailed structure and user reliance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment