Friday 24 January 2014

Layout Research

images > google.com

I feel that i need to look further into layout of content magazines. The layout of image and type on a page needs to be effective, eye-catching and informative within my editorial piece so i feel that i could experiment and research this further to make sure I am on the right lines. 


I really like the overlay between image and type. I feel that it gives the magazine depth and makes it more interesting. The use of bold colours such as black and yellow work well. This also works in terms of a busier page such as that above. I feel that having a simple layout with these overlaid works well to create a detailed page. 


I like the use of full page images vs a negative page. This is also very effective in b/w adding a sense of proffeiosnalism, style and structure.


Busy text pages within my magazine is curtail. The design focuses the the text on one page and image on another. I feel that this is very well designed. It allows over pages to be busy and more styled and keeps the content informed allowing the audience to gain knowledge.


Fun and experimental layout:

This works well as a fun layout. Having spreads lie this throughout the magian brings in variation and could add elements of exictedmt for the audience. 



Keeping it bright

the design allows and eye-catching image to be eye-catching. The design focuses around the use of bright colours and shapes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment