Sunday 19 January 2014

Secret 7 : Response X2

Concept 1

I really connected with the line: ‘Their skin in craters like the moon’ and thought that this could be interpreted in many ways allowing me to experiement with a variety of methods of design. 

I started out with creating a drawing with red and black biro and scanned in the images. I chose to draw continious line - with images of mountains and lakes. I thought that the patterns created within this could work when manipulated into a ‘creator’ shape. The lines and texture that it brought with overlapping and weight of the lines could work well as defined edges in the ‘creator’ of the moon.

I decided to sketch out an image using Brio and a variety of pens to gain an effect that I thought could work. The design needs to somehow create depth and 'creator like' atmosphere. 




Once I had scanned the image in I displaced the image to manipulate the design. This helped to create layers and texture. This hopefully portrays the vibe of the song. The colour scheme had to be adapted from black and red to the above so that it seemed more relatable to the moon. I feel that the design can be adapted into many forms and is very musch a symbolic approach to the song.
 
This is how I personally see the song and I have tried to visulize through shape, line and colour. 




I then used the 'displace tool' on photoshop to develop the image and manipulate it until I thought it resembled my concept. I changed the colours to suit the aspect of the lyric and decided to merge the image together in places. This, i feel is a unique way of using collage principles but visualised via computer techniques. 



This is the design that i developed. I mocked up the design on a sleeve to see if it worked just as a stand alone pattern. I thought the design was effective without words but i feel that I can make more improvements:

1. I could create a more textured and exciting background that develops a conceptual / driven campaign

2. I could work on the colour scheme

3. I feel that the design lacks power and a distant connection to the song - so I need to focus on this more. 







No comments:

Post a Comment