Sunday 19 January 2014

Secret 7 : Response X3

Still taking inspiration from the lyrics, I decided to concentrate on line  'Living in ruins of the palace within my dreams' and 'We live in cities you'll never see on screen' 
These lines both connected to me and allowed me to interpret the designs with the method of design I was experimenting with. 
I decided to create a dream like vision of a ruined city. I wanted to keep a simple colour scheme and use simple shapes for the 'city' like image. The combination of blurred and manipulated image works well with the line'ruins of the palace within my dreams'

I have decided to create the texture and fluidity I had attempt to create previously in a more stylised approach. Using an image of Buildings from travelling to Budapest I could find the exact colours I wanted to evoke the message. 

I used this image to manipulate as i liked the colours and the shades it could create. I used the exact same process of manipulation to develop this image as I did with the previous:


The image Manipulated: 



  • On the Vinyl you can see the dream like city landscape i have tried to communicate. The colour scheme also hints at sunrise of sunset which could relate more to a dream like state. 


    Development:




    • Concept 2
      Exploration of Colour
      Through this exploration of design and image displacement i felt that colour started to get lost. With this design I wanted to create the dream like state on a cold version. This I felt worked well to express the 'vibe' of the song being quite dark and misleading. 



      • 'Living in ruins of the palace within my dreams' and 'We live in cities you'll never see on screen' 

        Final Design:






        I decided to stick with the colours of sunset as i thought t worked more with the concept of dreams and city landscapes. The design is unique and uses methods of collage to portray a view that is designed to be dream like and not clear so that the audience can engage with the design and message it tries to portray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment