Saturday 1 February 2014

BIG Change

After re-visting the magazine again I felt that the design could be improved once again….

The colour theme started to over-run the design. One dominate colour was preventing the magazine from looking refined and made the magazine busy.

I decide that by choosing a colour to contrast with the bright yellow could merge the magazine pages together and could work to not be as harsh and bold. 


Using black and grey colour scheme to contrast with the yellow allows the design to become more focused. I decide to add in some of the grid lines to offer some insight into how a magazine is laid out. I thought this could offer some insight and maybe some form of interest. 


I have also sperated the contents page and front page. This is because the design looked busy running through to two pages. Having some negative space and type separates the design. 


I have continued the black and yellow theme throughout but very sutle so that the information stays the main point.


I have also worked with the layout once more. I wanted to include simple pages and more informed pages. With photography I thought it would  work well to have a busier page and allow the photographs to speak for themselves.


Still inkeepibg with the interested section I have included some more grid lines. This time around type. I thought this could work, but it may look to busy and the lines may be to thick, so i could lower the weight.




Overall I feel that this layout works better to represent all the interviews and the layout style works quite well as the images look better over a landscape perspective. 

I think that this design works to portray a clear and visually pleasing aesthetic, but does need to work across all the pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment