Saturday 8 March 2014

Feedback

From the designs I have created I gathered some feedback to see if my designs were heading in the right direction:



Greg Ball (designer)

Positives:

- The design looks like it could be used 

- The navigation looks effective and easy to use

- It's pleasing visually 

- It looks like it is for tennis (without being OTT)

- The grid layout works well to display relevant information

Improvements:

- The colour scheme is appropriate but maybe work on the image layout and colour

- To bring more news into the application

- To add in more yellow aspects to ensure that the designs are cohesive 




Gabby Little (sports)

Positives:

- The app colour is suited to sport and especially tennis, the brand works well to portray this, The colour of the design looks a bit like sky news. (maybe too much)

- The app looks easy to use in a rush.

- The concept of doubling up really works, and could enhance the tennis in a specify area

- the design looks 'good'

Improvements:

- Work on the colour scheme as it looks slightly like sky sports.




My response:

This feedback is really helpful. I asked Gabby as she plays a lot of sports, she also fits the audience and is a woman. The response she gave me were very insightful. I will have to look into the colours scheme further as i don't want to link the design with the colours shame eof sky sports. I have introduced a subtle hint of yellow throughout this designs that has steamed from the first layout I created of the website. I think i need to add more in to create that difference. 

I also asked greg as he is very into web design and grid structure. I think his thoughts on the image placement was correct. I feel that I need to work on the design further so it makes sense throughout the application. The placement of images is very important to the application, i WANT TO INCLUDE POSTIVE IMAGES and they need to be focused throughout the app, with relevance to content. I think i will need to look into this and the layout of the image and type further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment