Wednesday 5 March 2014

APP Development

I have started to experiment with the application. I like how using different opacity of layers can make the application seem real. I have also used gradients and started to create a grid design for the application. 

Structuring the app:

I wanted to create a clear navigation that functions very easily so that the target audience can understand the design. 

The blue colour scheme is still pominnat within the design. I feel that the designs work well to look professional. They still need work however. 


The grid:

The grid needs to be practically the same layout for every section often app. I have started to mock up the apps sign in page. I have used opacity levels and placed the designs ib various locations. I want the main attention to be on the sign in section but i also want to keep the logo included. 





Working out 

I am also working on various app pages at once. The image looks better on the left hand side as it is slightly darker. However it may not work with the amount of text that needs to be placed over the top. 

I think the image does work with the text . 



Keeping the Opacity

I have really enjoyed working with the opacity o the application. I feel that the design features a 'sporty' aesthetic. It gives a great opportunity to overlay images and type and I feel that it works in terms of mocking up an application. 



Creating the right balance;

On the below left the design incprpates 2 images. I don't think this looks right as its too confusing. The layout of the app buttons does work well with the top image as the merged drop down arrow design brings the two aspects together. 




From this stage of the application it is clear to see that i am experimenting with layers, opacity and the relationship between image and text. I feel that this still needs to be pushed further. I need to apply the same design to the applications so it becomes cohesive. 

Postives:

I think the app suggests a sporty theme

The cooer scheme is working

The image and text combination works well

Negatives / Improvements:

To work with gradients

Bring in a grid that fits most of the application  pages.




No comments:

Post a Comment