Tuesday 20 May 2014

DR.ME FLAGS Evaluation

Brief : DR.ME Flags Exhibition

Rationale:

Work together on a flag. Be experimental remember it doesn’t nessarcily have to look like a traditional flag but keep in mind what makes a flag a flag… Only one rule it must be rectangular. Figure out each others strengths and weaknesses are, don’t be too precious about your own work it’s a fun coloration with two people working together the results are always unexpected but there in live beauty.

Processes:  Fabric Printing, Collage

Final Outcome:  Flag

Evaluation

I found this brief very interesting. It works on many different levels to obtain skills from collaboration, printing and to development. I really enjoyed working with college and using physical images to scan in to create a pattern. I think the brief worked well to explore the concept behind practice. We focused on movement and I thought this was relatable to the brief and that allowed us to research into various things connecting with the briefs. I think the final outcome however was not one of my favourite pieces of design. The skills I developed though really inspired me to create with different processes and not jus digital aspects.

We used various methods of production to develop and produce our flag. We used fabric printing which made the flag look like a flag and allowed u to increase the movement within the fabric and design to relate it to the concept. I think the fabric printing went well and allowed us to explore a different method of print I wouldn’t normally undertake.


I thought it was productive to see the flags up in the exhibition space as we could see the designs in context. If I had more time I would like to develop the concept and processes of the flag. I don’t think the overall image worked well to communicate our concept but with more refine designs I think it could be pushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment