Wednesday 21 May 2014

Evaulation

Evaluation:

I thought this brief was a great way to finalize my design context publication as it highlights my interests in layout design and focuses my style. It also looks quite professional and I feel that it works with the perfect bound method of binding. I am quite happy with the final publication but I feel I could improve my working out my margin sections better as some of the text is slightly cut off the design, however it works because the type is bold and quite large.

The brief taught me a lot about my own practice. I re-visited all the research I had undertaken throughout my time on the course and without me knowing I had been researching the same processes and design for a while. I was slightly confused at the beginning of the year about where I would like to design, as I thought that I wanted to improve my lustration skills but as the research clearly shows, I was always into branding, layout and digital aspects of design with a main interest in the commercial culture sectors. I feel that this is representative of my final publication and that the research matches the style of design I want to achieve and what I am creating at the minute.

I think the research publication has taught me about time management and influenced my skills within this area to develop a quick turn around. I wanted the layout to vary throughout to keep it interesting so it was useful to experiment with different grids as well as researching them to help influence my other briefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment