Tuesday 20 May 2014

Champneys Evaulation

Brief  YCN Competition Brief - Champneys

Rationale:

Our current target audience is women aged between 35-65. We need you to help us extend this into the younger market, raising 16-25 year olds' awareness of Champneys and what we have to offer in regard to staying healthy, keeping fit and living with vitality.
The challenge is to find a creative, interesting, relevant and inspiring way to make young adults understand the importance of staying fit and healthy and encourage them to do this through Champneys. It is about suggesting (without being pushing parents!) that they spend their money in a different way - replacing boozy nights out or shopping sprees with a refreshing and invigorating spa break. We would like to make health and wellbeing ‘cool’ amongst young adults, highlighting the importance of staying fit and healthy as well as groomed and gorgeous, to entice a younger target audience to turn to Champneys for all their health and wellbeing needs as well as their pre-party pampering.
The chances are this audience may not have even heard of Champneys or they may feel it is not accessible to them. It would be great to educate 16-25 year olds that a trip to Champneys can be much more beneficial than they think.

Processes: Packaging, illustration techniques, 

Final Outcome:  Packaging, Brand, Promotion, Digital, and Application

Evaluation

The Champneys brief was one of my favorite briefs to undertake. I collaborated on this brief to get the best out of my work and Beth’s. I think it was effective idea of create a sub brand and to produce the products and brand toward a high-street prince range and younger audience.  I think thin brief went really well in terms of finished products and boards to send off to YCN.

Throughout this brief I developed skills in both design and professional aspects. I really worked on my illustration and packaging skills to develop a pattern design that can be produce. We designed the final packaging it be fun fresh and clean and I think that it works really well to target the intended audience.  I also developed on my digital skills producing an application and to really aim it for the audience and culture surrounding applications. I think merging the two ideas was a great way to really cater to our audience.  I have also improved my collaboration and management skills. It was really effective to work with Beth and I realized that I really want to work and collaborate on a team basis more often to really inform my practice and to bounce ideas of other people as I feel it really helps to push concepts.

I approached the designs with the aim to produce simple effective communication of the concept. I wanted to create a professional and passable product that could be seen in high-street stores. The design methods we produced seemed to work to both our strengths, which allowed us to reach the highest potential as a duo. It was effective practice to enter a competition brief as there were strict deadlines and formats we had to obid by.


I think if we had more time, I would defiantly spend more time on the application and make sure that the design more co-horrent with the packaging and to make each section more defined. This would be enhanced as I have just started to get into layout of web and feel that I could make the application work in context with the packaging by introducing new colors scheme and illustrative aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment