Tuesday 20 May 2014

Condiment Range Evaulation

Brief  ‘Create a Condiment Identity’

Rationale:

‘Create a Condiment Identity’

Create the Brand and Identity for a range of homemade Condiments, which will be sold at selected ‘pop up’ areas of the UK and eventually mass-market production.
Allow the brand to create a presence for itself and to outride competitors. The brand identity has to work well to communicate the ‘homemade’ presence, but create a ‘fresh’ and innovative brand that is modern and steers away from traditional ‘homemade’ brands. Create a broad range of ‘condiments’, a brand identity and promotional / any other material that will allow the brand to stand for itself in selected areas as well as working on a mass-market production.

Processes: Triplex Printing, Packaging, and Spay Painting & Stencil

Final Outcome: A Range of Condiment Packaging, Logo, Brand Identity Print, and Brand Identity Web


Evaluation

This was one of the first briefs I created and I wanted to explore illustration and branding. I thought this would be a good brief to combine the two. However looking back over the brief there are vast improvements I could make. As this was such an early brief for me I feel that I could re-create the website and main brand elements to a much higher stand now reflecting on the brief.

Throughout this brief I have focused my skills on presenting a brand and how it would work o a modern aesthetic. I don’t think I fully applied any skills to this brief and it defiantly wasn’t to a high standard. The design skills consisted of rendering a logo and some illustrative packaging. I really don’t think I projected my skills to the brief.

I approached the brief with the knowledge that I would be using traditional styles of branding such as hand-rendering logos, paint, stencils that all relate to homemade products as well as the traditional style. I feel that these methods did inform my design and reflect the stage I was at when I completed the brief. However these methods of production could be vastly improved and done to a higher standard to make the brief content look more professional and branded. These processes did inform the development of my brief in terms of progressing the logo, but I think I should of created the designs with more thought and focus to ensure a high quality.

Looking back at this brief I feel that I could really improve almost every aspects. At the beginning of the year I was more focused on illustration, but now I have developed skills with branding and digital elements that I feel could really enhance this brief. Although the brief was minimal it seemed to be a massive learning curve for me and has allowed me to re-think strategy and concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment