Thursday 22 May 2014

Personal Branding Evaluation

Evaluation:

I have probably found this to be one of the hardest briefs. Purely because I think its so difficult to brand yourself and be happy with the final result as your work is always moving and this has to be a representation of you. I found the brief extremely lengthy, as I started it in October and finished it in May. Over this period I experiment with many variations and concepts for my branding, all of which were discarded. I also find coding a very tricky element of design. I personally know that I need to start to use this, as much of my design is focused on digital aspects. However this was my first time coding a website. I attempted to use various website hosts to develop a starting point and found it very difficult.

Through this brief I also experimented with design processes. I used embossing, screen-printing and vinyl to try and inculpate my style via this. However most of these processes didn’t add to my designs at the time. I think the use of Triplex printing really helped me to make my business cards feel and look professional. From there the brand just started to grow. I quite enjoyed how I incorporated my personality into the design by using grid and relating an almost word search via my business card that reflected thing I like and where I am from etc. Creating a promotional pack was a great way to bring my website and print aspects together.


I think these specific skills have opened my mind to the conceptual processes of branding. I enjoy the colour scheme I have worked with but I know that shortly I will not. I feel like this brief has turned out to reflect my style of design but it needs more evidence of processes and work to show my full range of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment