Thursday 22 May 2014

Work in progress Evaulation

Evaluation:

I really enjoyed this brief. It was a class collaboration but I had influence over window display and the building and dismount of the production and work. I thought this was an interesting way to develop my work as we monitored the processes via video go-pro. I thought the brief went well; it was one of my first experiences with vinyl so it was crucial part of my processes stage. I thought the final design of my vinyl worked well to inhabit the concept the exhibition was trying to display. The quote varied in stages and took time to set and crate. The processes of putting up the vinyl was quite tricky as it’s final placement was rendered to suit the concept and meant putting the vinyl on backwards to achieve this.

The overall event was a successes, I think it was a very useful brief to undertake as I improved my presentation and confidence skills. The brief helped me with my management, as I had to stay to take down and tidy up after the day’s events. The work I produced within that time frame also developed. This was an overall good experience but I feel that I should have embraced it more and started to play around with more ideas and concepts for the brief.


At first I struggled with my vinyl but after varied attempt its started to make sense. I believe that this is a weakness of mine by not trying lots of processes it often takes me a while to produce such things. I think this brief has taught me to become more open toward processes and the fact that mistakes will happen, it’s about learning from them that is the crucial part.

No comments:

Post a Comment