Tuesday 20 May 2014

Secret 7 Evaluation

Brief : Secret 7  

Rationale:

"We take 7 tracks from 7 of the best-known musicians around and press each one 100 times to 7" vinyl. We then invite creatives from around the world to interpret the tracks in their own style, resulting in a one-of-a-kind sleeve for every 7”. The creatives are made up of famous names through to gems we unearth through artwork submitted to us here on our website."

Every year we like to mix established musicians with emerging ones. We were thinking the latter when we first approached Lorde but she raced ahead notching up a #1 single and a critically acclaimed album. Team is taken from that, and will be her next UK single in February.

I decided to focus my attention toward the Lorde - Team.


Processes:  Pattern, Vinyl

Final Outcome:  7inch Sleeve, Mock Up’s

Evaluation

Throughout this brief my main focus was to work with and create patterns. I figured this would link to my sections on layout and would be an interesting variation in my designs. I like the way shape and pattern can be used without text so I thought that this brief would be an ideal time to experiment with this type of design. I think the overall pattern connects with my concept proposal and reflected the lyrics however I feel that it could be further improved and the brief could be enhanced and worked upon to get a better outcome and broad range of outcomes.

The brief hasn’t really pushed any skills with processes as I just used image manipulation, looking back on the brief I wish I had created a more textured approach using paints to get the desired effect as it would of added that extra touch.
Overall I think the brief went ok. It was more about my experimentation with pattern I think and it may have over run the idea of Lorde’s lyrics.


I think I needed to produce more material for the brief to really push it. The record could have been mocked up to show it in context and to show the and audiences reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment